Last weekend we went to visit Lake Atitlan over Christmas. A beautiful lake here in Guatemala surrounded by a bunch of little villages. It was in the holistic village of San Marcos that I received the most relaxing and nourishing facial from a woman who lives in a forest there. She uses all natural products from her garden that leave your skin feeling amazing. Many of the items used in my facial I would have never thought of before, but each ingredient has its own restorative properties that I wanted to share with you. Especially if you are already doing a detox.
1. Steam your face for 10 minutes over 4 cups of water mixed with 1 teaspoon baking soda and one tablespoon of chamomile. Pat face dry with clean towel.
2. Mix clay mask with fresh rosemary and apply to face. Leave for 20 minutes or until dry. Rinse and pat face dry with towel.
3. Dab Kombucha on skin with cotton ball and let sit for 5 minutes. Do not rinse.
4. Slice Papaya and remove seeds. Massage onto skin. Do not rinse.
5. Slice Cucumbers and place on face. Let sit 10 minutes.
6. Massage fresh aloe onto skin. Let sit 10 minutes. Wipe any excess off face.
7. Mix 1/2 cup yogurt and 1 tablespoon honey and apply to face. Let sit 10 minutes.
8. Rinse with cool water and apply drops of rose oil to forehead, smile lines, and neck.